Hot yoga was founded by Bikram Choudhury, who was born in Calcutta in 1946 and started practicing yoga at four years old under Bishnu Ghosh. At 17, Choudhury suffered a knee injury that led European doctors to believe that he would never walk again. Six months later, yoga had healed his knee completely and he began to understand the importance of the 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises.
Once he developed his system, it was time to share it with the world. He founded Bikram’s Yoga College of India, and has subsequently changed the lives of millions of people who previously suffered from chronic pain, as well as a host of other maladies.
According to Bikram, “you will not get the intended benefits until it is done one hundred percent correct.” But starting from where you are is an important part of the process. He didn’t let anything keep him from a life of health, strength, and longevity.
And now, we give you the same invitation.
The testimonials that you can read about how Hot Yoga changes people’s lives will be far more powerful than just a simple list of benefits, so please take the time to read our reviews and testimonials.
Here is a simple list of the benefits of Hot Yoga. They will affect every part of your body and every area of your life:
• Expands and maximizes lung capacity
• Improves balance
• Strengthens and tones muscles
• Increases blood circulation
• Trims waistline
• Tightens buttocks
• Strengthens cardiovascular system
• Revitalizes nerves, veins, and tissues
• Increases flexibility
• Corrects bad posture
• Promotes kidney function
• Relieves arthritis, rheumatism, and gout in the legs
• Teaches true relaxation
• Eases menstrual problems and pain
• Improves digestion
• Expands solar plexus
• Balances blood sugar levels
• Increases nutrition to spinal nerves
• Warms and cools the body as needed
• Exhales toxins from the body
• Helps cure:
- enlargement of the liver and spleen
- slipped discs
- hemorrhoid problems
- chronic sinusitis and tonsillitis
• Develops concentration, patience, and determination
• Increases self-esteem and confidence
• Supports peace of mind and inner balance
…and so much more!